Monday 24 September 2012

On a Sunny Day :)

    Hi! Hope you all had a great weekend! :) Last week, my husband returned home from work with a great news. He had holidays on Wednesday n Thursday n said he could work from home on Friday, so that we could get a 5 day vacation :) So we went to my parents' place. We clicked so many pics on our way n had a great time at home :) Will try to share some good ones if possible.

    Now, coming to the cards. I thought I would complete all the 7 challenges @365 Cards  last week. But with our unexpected vacation, I was just happy looking at the other participants'cards.

   After returning home, I just couldn't make up my mind about which challenge I should work on. Finally I decided on Day 207-Super Sketchy Sunday and came up with this.



   I had no idea I was going to make a monochromatic card till I started. I used two shades of yellow here. For the border n candles, I used handmade paper Quilling strips. I cut the shape of cake from coloured papers and layered them. For the confetti, I shaped the Quilling strips into Spirals and glued them to the card. Finally I attached the handwritten sentiment and a star made with craft foam to the top right.

    I'm happy with the Sunny effect I've created in the card with the limited supplies I've got. Isn't it apt for the Sunday challenge?

    I'm submitting this card for the following challenges.

Hope you liked the card. Please leave your comments, your feedback means a lot :)

11 comments:

  1. This is so HAPPY!!!!I just love the bright yellow color you used.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 POSTS Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thank you for playing along with Brown Sugar in the "Anything Goes Challenge" Hope you decide to join us again!
    Good Luck,
    Alice B.
    Brown Suagr DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this is such a fun and bright card. Great take on the sketch, too.
    Thank you for playing along with us at the 365 cards challenge! You can check out the daily challenges as well. See you again soon!

    Cheers,
    DT Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confetti-- love it!!! Many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful bday card and love all the fun confetti!!!!! thanks soooo much for joining us at 365 Cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super fun take on the sketch :)
    so glad you joined us on 365 cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah for more bright colors! It is indeed very sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cool confetti... Such a fun and bright card
    Thanks for joining us over at 365cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating.
    Sorry it has taken so long to leave a comment. Just to let you know that the challenges are up and running again so hope you will continue to play along.

    ReplyDelete