Thursday 27 September 2012

Early Christmas!

       I made this card for all the early Christmas challenges. When I saw the 365 Cards challenge for Day 208- Imagine this: Falling Snow, it reminded me of how I used to dream, when I was a child, about snow falling all around my house, walls covered with snow, n me making little snowmen (  It doesn't snow where I live! ).

       So obviously I decided on a Snowman n an Origami Christmas tree. There are so many tutorials for Origami tree. But I wanted the tree to give dimension to the card, so I went along with this tutorial n made the tree... http://wegrowbyourdreams.blogspot.in/2007/11/origami-christmas-tree-tutorial.html

Supplies used:

Card stock : White, Red(handmade corrugated)
Embellishments: Origami Christmas tree n Flags with Green n Yellow craft paper
Markers for colouring
Faber-Castell Pinking shears

 I haven't written a sentiment, since it is obvious :)





         I just love the way the tree sticks out of the window :)

I'm submitting this card for the following challenges.


Hope you liked it. Please leave your comments. Your feedback means a lot :)

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable 3D card! That tree is AMAZING. :) Thanks for joining us in the 'Anything Goes!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. The tree is wonderful. Very creative. Thanks so much for joining us at Love to Create Challenges this week. Hope to see you again next week as well. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a ♥FABULOUS♥ and adorable holiday card! brilliant use of the origami tree and your banner is wonderful; plus that sweet little snowman is just SO CUTE!!! thanks for "dashing through the snow" with us at JINGLE BELLES this fortnight! :)

    ps: it DOES snow where i live... and i can tell you BY FAR the best place for snow is ON XMAS CARDS!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sweet little snowman ... it snows a lot where I live and I love seeing little snowman ... so glad you dashed through the snow iwth us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at this... love the three dimension of this and how cool that it's a window card. Many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for stopping by :) You made my day with your kind comments! :) :)

    ReplyDelete