Tuesday 3 September 2013

I'm back :)

Hello friends! Sorry I have been away from my blog for almost a year. Earlier I used to sit for hours together making cards or painting and that has caused me a severe back pain. So I was asked to rest and be away from crafting for a while. At the same time, I was also going through a rough phase in my personal life. I couldn't concentrate on anything and felt like my creativity has all gone away. My mind got numb and frozen.

But even though I was away from my blog, I had been browsing through all your blogs and craft tutorials. You all have inspired me in one way or the other. I have decided not to worry about my Creative block and been trying to learn new things. I have been reading a lot. I visited some of the awesome places which were on my list. I have been into photography and bird-watching. Now I can recognise most of the birds of India :)

And you know what?! I felt my creativity coming back to me , but my health won't permit me to work continuously for a long stretch of time and my Doctor said though I can get back to crafting, I must take breaks in between. So in those short intervals I could afford,  I have been experimenting with clay,  I learnt how to make jewelry and for the past two days, I have been learning how to knit on loom, and also new stitches in crochet.

I took pics of the jewelry I made, but they didn't come out good. Have to figure out how to photograph jewelry. Ideas anyone?







Though I am afraid I won't be posting as regularly as I did before, I promise you I'll be in touch :)

P.S. I forgot to tell you that I was chosen as the 'Pin it to Win it' Winner on their Facebook page by Inspired by Stamping. My goodies have been shipped today. Eagerly waiting for them to arrive :)

6 comments:

  1. lovely kiranmayee and congrats on the win. enjoy. I too learnt crochet recently and really finding it hard :( . Hey you put the hangings on a stand or tree branch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kavitha. Tree branch sounds good, will give it a try :)
      I have only tried appliques and embellishments till now. I found video instructions easier to follow. Been trying free online patterns these days, some of them are simple and easy too. I'll try to post them soon, try them :) Post your crochet works too, would love to see them.

      Delete
  2. congrats and welcome back kiranmayee and lovely earrings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kiranmayee You are back !! Nice to see you blogging after a lo..o..ong gap !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pooja! It's nice to see you all at my blog too! :)

      Delete